I think most of us will agree that breakfast is just about the most amazing meal of the day. Lets be honest, it’s 99.5% of whats on my mind as soon as I wake up. However, the remaining .5% is fixated on how to make breakfast delicious without completely ruining my caloric intake for the day. So, as a result I’ve come up with a few of my go-to breakfast favorites, the Mediterranean Egg White Sandwich being one of them. After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Follow the ingredient list and step-by-step instructions below to duplicate my favorite quick breakfast grab 🙂
- 2 Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs (separated)
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Milk
- Bread of Choice (toasted) *Pita bread tastes amazing with this recipe*
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Chopped Garlic
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach
- Salt & Pepper
- Small Skillet
STEP BY STEP:
1. Break the two eggs and separate the yolk from the egg white. (Hint: I recommend using a the “Shell Transfer” method, unless you wanna use the fancy empty plastic bottle method– Google it! I have to say, it’s pretty cool)
2. Pour the milk into the egg whites and whisk until foamy.
3. Use 1/2 of the olive oil mixture to line your skillet and turn the stovetop on medium heat.
4. Take the egg white mixture and pour into your skillet, add salt and pepper to taste, wait until the edges solidify and the center bubbles to flip. Place to the side.
5. Use the remainder of the olive oil mixture to line the skillet once again.
6. Add the chopped garlic and spinach. Cook until spinach is slightly wilted and remove off of heat.
7. Now, we are ready for sandwich assembly!
8. First butter each side of your toast. Then add mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, eggs, and spinach in that order.
9.Voila! The perfect breakfast !