One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to brunch at some of the most adorable places around the DMV. With vacation season upon us, it is almost impossible to NOT brunch while away. Luckily, I don’t have to go very far to brunch like a queen! I have been blessed by the brunch gods and am located near some of the best breakfast spots around, that admittedly, I frequent often.
Most people think brunch is all about the food….they, my dear, are dead wrong. Every fashionista knows that the outfit you wear to brunch says more about you than the three-egg veggie omelet and a side of french toast you just ordered. Everyone needs to indulge every now and then!
Although you may feel like sliding out of bed and into a pair of VS Pink sweats, a wrinkled tee and some Vans, I would advise against it. I can promise you once those #foodie, #brunchingitup, and #endlessmimosas Instagram shots fill up your newsfeed, you will regret it.
So, as a preventative measure, it is essential to have an array of wardrobe options on hand.
These are a few of my favorite “Brunching in the City” looks…
I think most of us will agree that breakfast is just about the most amazing meal of the day. Lets be honest, it’s 99.5% of whats on my mind as soon as I wake up. However, the remaining .5% is fixated on how to make breakfast delicious without completely ruining my caloric intake for the day. So, as a result I’ve come up with a few of my go-to breakfast favorites, the Mediterranean Egg White Sandwich being one of them. After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Follow the ingredient list and step-by-step instructions below to duplicate my favorite quick breakfast grab 🙂
2 Sun-dried Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
2 Eggs (separated)
1 Tbsp. Butter
3 Tbsp. Milk
Bread of Choice (toasted) *Pita bread tastes amazing with this recipe*
1 Tbsp. Fresh Chopped Garlic
1 Cup Fresh Spinach
Salt & Pepper
STEP BY STEP:
1. Break the two eggs and separate the yolk from the egg white. (Hint: I recommend using a the “Shell Transfer” method, unless you wanna use the fancy empty plastic bottle method– Google it! I have to say, it’s pretty cool)
2. Pour the milk into the egg whites and whisk until foamy.
3. Use 1/2 of the olive oil mixture to line your skillet and turn the stovetop on medium heat.
4. Take the egg white mixture and pour into your skillet, add salt and pepper to taste, wait until the edges solidify and the center bubbles to flip. Place to the side.
5. Use the remainder of the olive oil mixture to line the skillet once again.
6. Add the chopped garlic and spinach. Cook until spinach is slightly wilted and remove off of heat.
7. Now, we are ready for sandwich assembly!
8. First butter each side of your toast. Then add mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, eggs, and spinach in that order.